Asian InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a home for individuals who seek to learn more about Jesus and be a part of the Asian/Pacific Islander American (A/PIA) community at the University of Michigan. We invite and welcome everyone regardless of background to our student-led small group Bible studies, large group gatherings on campus, leadership training, and thoughtful discipleship and life-changing conferences and events.
AIV is affiliated with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, a non-denominational parachurch campus ministry with over 1,000 chapters across the country that is a part of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES). IFES is a global movement dedicated to seeing students built into communities of disciples, transformed by the gospel and impacting the university, the church and society for the glory of Christ, with more than half a million students in over 160 countries.
Striving to be a Pan-Asian, Christ-centered community that is actively experiencing, witnessing to, and living out God’s love.
Through the power, value, and relevance of the Gospel, AIV’s Initiatives for 2016-2017 are:
- To personally own and apply our faith in Jesus and experience life-giving transformation,
- To be an inclusive, brave, and forward community to explore Christianity, and
- To relate to and be relevant to campus.
We are committed to:
- Welcoming and providing safe spaces for individuals seeking to learn more about Jesus and the intersection of their racial and ethnic identities,
- Being a part of the greater Asian/Pacific Islander American (A/PIA) community at the University of Michigan through affiliation with United Asian American Organizations (UAAO),
- Cultivating intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate disciplines, including the rigorous study of Scripture and regular prayer that expresses our faith, love, and dependence on God,
- Embracing Christ’s call to foster both divine and human reconciliation and restoration through an active pursuit of personal and systemic justice, and
- Transforming students and faculty, renewing campus, and developing world changers through the power of the gospel.